Tuesday 27th July 2021
Dear Members and Guests,
The time is almost here and we’re counting down the hours!
Melton Waves will resume operations from 5am tomorrow (Wednesday) 28 July 2021 as per normal operating hours.
We are incredibly thankful for the community response to the lockdown over the past week that has allowed us to get to this place. Our team are excited to welcome back our valued members and families.
For the next two weeks, there are restrictions in place with a maximum of 100 people allowed in each indoor space. This will be enforced by our staff members who are not included in the total count.
Lap swimming and some aquatic programs may be unavailable at certain times, due to the restrictions imposed. We recommend you check our lane availability online before visiting the centre to avoid disappointment.
During the closure, we automatically put all members on hold free of charge, with memberships being credited for the closure upon reopening. As membership access will recommence as of Wednesday 28 July 2021, you will have a reduced direct debit on Friday 30 July 2021.
Given the significant caps on the numbers of patrons permitted within venues under the current restrictions, Fitness Passport has advised us that they will wait until the further lifting of restrictions before switching their memberships back on. Payments remain on hold until then.
If you have a Fitness Passport membership and wish to resume training, you can pay the casual rate, or alternatively, we are happy to waive the joining fee on our Active membership if you’d like to join us directly. We look forward to welcoming you back!
Learn To Swim:
All learn to swim classes will automatically reactivate and resume as normal tomorrow. Credits have been applied to all students who have missed lessons during the lockdown.
Other important changes:
- All members and guests over the age of 13 will be required to wear a mask while in the Centre.
- Masks are not required when participating in strenuous exercise or swimming.
- Capacities for our classes have been reviewed and adjusted to comply with 4 square meter requirements.
- All members and guests are required to follow the direction of our staff.
- Social distancing and hygiene measures must be adhered to when visiting the Cantre.
- Check in on the Service Victoria app is required upon entry or visit to the centre. The QR code can be found on the entry doors and reception. There is also a manual registration system available at reception if you don’t have your phone.
- Remember to always use a towel and wipe down equipment before and after use.
- We ask you to stay home if you have any COVID-19-like symptoms and follow the Victorian Government health advice.
Thank you for your patience and support during this lockdown. We cannot wait to have you back at Melton Waves Leisure Centre and supporting your local leisure centre in the future.
The team at Melton Waves
Tuesday 20th July 2021
As per today’s Government announcement, we will remain closed for another week due to the Victorian lockdown being extended, reopening on Wednesday, 28 July.
We can’t wait to invite you back into the centre, but we know these restrictions are in place to keep our community safe.
Just a reminder to everyone that all applicable memberships and swimming lessons have already been put on suspension and will remain on hold without charge until such time as we can reopen.
Partial payments debited on Friday were calculated based on a 5-day closure. Given this is now to be extended, those payments have been held in credit for you and will reduce your next payment after reopening. No action is required by you, and all lesson enrolments made before the lockdown remain secure.
As always we are closely monitoring this situation and will provide further updates as required.
In the meantime, should you have any questions relating to the closure, please email us at email@example.com
Stay safe, and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Thursday 15th July 2021
In line with the directions issued by the State Government, we will be closed from Friday 16th July and re-opening Wednesday, 21st July 2021.
During the closure, we will be unable to operate our learn to swim program. For those customers with lessons scheduled on these days, we’ve placed a credit on your account so you only be charged tomorrow for the following week. No action is required on your behalf. Your lesson, day and time in the program will remain secure for the reopening of the facility on Wednesday, 21st July 2021.
All memberships have automatically been suspended for the 5-day lockdown period and a credit will be placed on your account for these days if required. Once again, no further action is required. Your normal fortnightly payment will therefore be reduced for tomorrows debit. Once again, no further action is required.
During the closure, you can still enjoy your favourite group fitness class and access plenty of fun activities for the kids to do via our online platform BFit@home. Click here to access our virtual health & fitness site.
We appreciate this is an emerging situation and will provide further updates if required. In the meantime, should you have any specific questions relating to the closure, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuesday 29th June 2021
BLUEFIT’S COVID-SAFE MANAGEMENT POLICIES
We are really excited about the opportunity to manage Melton Waves on behalf of the City of Melton.
At BlueFit, our purpose is ‘Inspiring Community Activity’, and we are dedicated to providing the much-needed resources to improve the lifestyle, health and wellbeing of the communities in which we live, work and operate.
Whilst an exciting time for BlueFit, we know it comes with some uncertainty for you. We are very conscious of this and are committed to working with the City of Melton and Belgravia Leisure to ensure a smooth transition of management.
While we navigate through this new world during the worldwide pandemic, we are ensuring that the safety of all our patrons and staff is still our highest priority while we encourage our communities back into their dearly missed leisure facilities. While our facility is open we are still adhering to restricted services such as social distancing and putting strict health and hygiene measures in place.
General Facility Regulations:
- All our centres are professionally cleaned each night.
- It is a condition of entry that members and visitors check in using the Victorian Government check-in system.
- You still need to use your member card to enter the facility and check-in at reception.
- Hand sanitiser has been placed throughout the centre including all entrances.
- We encourage those where possible please avoid touching surfaces such are counters, doors and turnstiles and follow appropriate hand hygiene when using the facility.
- To ensure our facilities remain clean throughout the day we now have onsite hygiene heroes dedicated to keeping our facilities safe to use.
BlueFit Swimming Regulations:
- We have made slight modifications to our teaching techniques to protect our students and teachers. This includes using a doll when demonstrating activities and skills during infants classes.
- We have updated our makeup policy to allow 12 makeups per calendar year, simply login to the parent portal to mark your absence so if you or your child is unwell please do not attend the facility.
- Reduced equipment within infant & preschool lessons to increase student safety.
- Only performing manual manipulation in the water when it is safe for both students and teachers
- Ensuring teachers instruct from the side or behind the student to reduce face to face contact.
- Replacing hi 5’s with the Bluey Bump at the conclusion of the lesson.
- To reduce equipment sharing we now have BlueFit Swimming Kickboards, Swim Caps and goggles available for purchase on the BlueFit Swimming website and in the facility.
BlueFit Health Club Regulations:
- We have a BlueFit Health Club app for booking and checking into your fitness class to securely save your spot, to keep class participants within the capacity limits and know who attends each class for contract tracing.
- In case of reduced capacity limits, we use the BlueFit Health Club app to book your gym visit online.
- Remember to always use a towel and wipe down equipment before and after use. We have an ample amount of cleaning wipes available around our facility.
- As well as monitoring our gym, our gym staff and duty managers will clean down equipment throughout the day.
- Please ensure you’re following social distancing rules while in the gym or the class. We will have markers on the floor for class and staff monitoring our gym floor.
With these measures in place, we can ensure a safe environment for all our staff and customers. We look forward to seeing you again soon.